in limbo
[html]

Sorry for the wait guys. Short short. 355.

The glaring differences between the two Inferni woman was once again evident as they each took Nayru’s words and internalized them differently. Talitha was first to speak, and Nayru solemnly took in the lady’s reaction. While she seemed pleased at Nayru’s acceptance of the skull, she was not so pleased with the words and request that accompanied it. The offer of peace was met with resistance and though Nayru felt disappointment, nothing showed on her serene face as she nodded thoughtfully. The past couldn’t be buried? Or wouldn’t be buried? Nayru was certainly capable of burying events long dead and gone, so why then did others insist on clinging to bitter memories?

Saluce and Sage both seemed to object to such a strong statement, and in silence she took in their words. The man spoke and was sensible, and Sage even more so it seemed. Why indeed punish others for deeds done by characters long dead? And how was one to ever look into the future with a clear mind if that same mind was clouded with regrets and upsets from the past? Yet Nayru did not add her own voice to any of this at first, knowing simply that certain minds were hard to change and often it was not words that changed, but actions themselves. Finally she found the words she sought and very quietly she spoke, directing her words mostly to Talitha, knowing already that Sage wasn’t the one who needed convincing.

"I am young, this is true, but I am not Haku Soul. Nor am I Conor. Dahlia de Mai is not what it was, and though in name we are the same pack, we are not composed of the same people or ideas." She paused, surely the lady already realized this. “If Inferni is unable to accept our extension of friendship now, I will wait. Unlike the others I have no intention of abandoning Dahlia or trying to run it into ruin, as some of the former leaders have.” And it was as simple as that. Eventually they would find peace, and she would be here waiting when they did.

<style type="text/css">
.nay b {font-weight:bold; color:#c28085; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nay .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:290px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nay p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #080202}
.nay {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#8d1820; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... l/nayr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread