in limbo
[html]

Wow, mean Talitha. O_______O Anyways; she's started to walk away and probably won't respond to anyone after this point. Feel free to continue, obviously, if Sage wants to stay longer or something! <3 Lita's just a cow.

mall-caps;text-variantConfusedmall-caps;">IT'S ONLY cript;">FOREVER, NOT LONG AT ALL

It was the man with the horse who spoke first, and though Talitha had been perfectly content in ignoring him, she looked his way with her false smile and focused Massacre eyes upon him. The eyes of her mother, the eyes of her uncle. The eyes of a real member of Inferni. She was sure Hybrid and Gabriel would have laughed at everything that these wolves said, but she wasn't so rude. "This senseless hostility remains because we lived through it. Perhaps all of you are so ignorant as to forgive your enemies at the first sign of their apology, but we've learned. Haku Soul did not cause one war. He caused two, and though I was not here to live the second, it has hurt my family directly. I expect none of you," she paused, to look toward her cousin who had agreed with the man and woman before her with the cold gaze of a stranger, "to understand where we stand on this. You seem to think that a few words can make up for years of what has been burned into us. It can't." Was she being cruel, cynical? Possibly, but it didn't matter. She didn't validate the hopeful words of Sage; she would deal with her later. Instead, she picked out the small bits that she could refute here and there, turning them all over as Nayru gave her two cents.

"Sage came here for a reason different than I; I merely came to see the changes, not to offer hope of alliance or friendship. Our families may never respect you, or accept you, but we've long since been neutral as long as you stay away from us." Still, so cold, but at least her words held more honesty. Delicate fingers tapped at her jaw, giving her a pause to think once more. "It seems I'm the only one who really understands what he did, and perhaps that's for the best. However, you might not be Haku. You might not be Conor. The fact is that you are now Dahlia de Mai, and with it comes all of the weight of being their leader in a world with us in it. We all make choices, and those choices bring about responses and responsibility. Inferni has made its choice. Simply because you don't understand it doesn't mean it will change quickly." She turned away, her black-saddled back to both Nayru and the watchdog as a hand rose to rub at tired eyes.

"There are more opinions in the world than your positive ones, Sage. If you see the world in such happy terms, perhaps you don't belong in Inferni." Her words were spoken quietly, for her cousin only, before she glanced back to the young woman across the border. "Thank you for your audience, Nayru. I'm sure your patience in dealing with us will be rewarded in the future. We must take our leave now, before my brother starts to worry." She doubted that Ezekiel was truly worrying about her; she simply did not want to be there anymore. Without waiting for response from her cousin, she started back toward the north, rubbing padded palms together in the most anxious of ways. She'd been gone too long.

<style>
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread