time is so vicious
[html]

Even as he walked with a drag in his step, an upturn lingered at the edge of his lips — however subtle and hidden as it was beneath the shadows of his face. She made quite a bit of noise, much more than he thought her capable of, and yet all the while Jefferson remained completely silent, save an approving snort of the nose as he went; she resorted to pounding on his back and flailing about for a while to no particular avail, a victim to his brute muscle and stubbornness alike, like the most harmless of hares arguing against a bullheaded bear twice its size. It seemed at first she did quite disapprove — he shrugged it off, as she knew she was in no actual danger, made more obvious by the time he finally set her down.

At her gentle, youthful laughter he himself shook his head and chuckled, an unusual sight for such a scarred and sinful creature. A fool he was, and a fool he had always been; a killer was no more than a fool misguided, but such thoughts did not linger. The scarred man observed the tears in her eyes — joyful ones, the kind he did not commonly spur. Was it only the rain? I don't deserve that laugh, the monster in his mind hissed and spat. He laughed still, over it, its sound progressively growing hollowed as it continued on, and at its emptiest he finally allowed it to cease.

Reaching his remaining hand to wipe at her tears with scarred fingers, he forged a sad, slight smile. "Alaine," the cyclops sighed, "you can't fix me. I'm not an open wound or a broken arm. Your herbs and medicine can't just heal what I've done... what I've become." A pause, his arm dropping back to his side. "You're not nothing. I'm just not 'fixable,' I'm not 'broken' — you can't help me ... and it's all right."

<style>
.undonejeffooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.undonejeff p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.undonejeff b {color:#EADFCB; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.undonejeff {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#696157; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:422px;}
.undonejeffinner{background-color:#BFB6A5; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... onetab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 175px 0px; border:1px solid #2D2622; width:422px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread