smoke in the valley like morning mist
[html]

Ever grabbed his hand before he could further scold himself, plunging the yearling further into guilt, especially when she turned away with the feeling in her blue-eyed gaze as well. He did not want to trouble, not more than he already had, not more than she already was. The male could see smile lines lightly in her features; she was not one for sadness, and this depression was difficult for her to understand and break herself out of. Micah could recognize that, if nothing else, but was unsure how to assist her in recovery without making himself — or Ever — feel any more like a fool.

Micah did not resist her grip, but stopped moving instantaneously at the touch. She expressed her feelings, both in manner and in speech, but did not share any unnecessary information. What was Micah to say?

He took a deep breath and tried for a smile, though it came out weak and afraid — but earnest nonetheless. "Y-Y-You're very pretty," he mumbled, and dipped his gaze in heavy embarrassment immediately thereafter, "a-a-and really n-nice, too... I-I mean... th-they're missing out..."

The boy let the words hang in the air, then cringed again and tried to raise his hand to bop at his forehead, but found it still within her grip. "I-I'm s-s-sorry," he whispered instead, shaking his head furiously at the soil, face hot with humilation and shyness.

<style>
.micahsunriseooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.micahsunrisecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.micahsunrise p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.micahsunrise b {color:#C16D48; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #E9B567; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.micahsunrise {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#DE9858; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.micahsunriseinner {background-color:#FEEF91; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... cahsun.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 160px 0px; border:1px solid #; width:500px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread