The Bittersweet Return
[html]
Oh look, puppy- wait, what?

Sky had taken a moment to let her body stop shaking. She'd planted her ass to the step, refusing to move until Skye came outside, or Bangle did. When the door swung open, Sky's head snapped up, blue eyes locking on her friend. Questions came out of the leader's mouth, eventually turning into an offer of food and rest. The secui-formed wolfdog stood, climbing up the stairs. She stopped though.

In Skye's arms was a bundle of pup. The sight both chilled Sky and warmed her. She hesitated, considering changing the topic from her to the leader's family. She decided not to though, it seemed, as she voiced her concerns. "Skye... Skye, where's Shawchert? I heard news... tell me it's not true." She'd managed to calm her breathing to speak, though her voice was slurred and tired, cracked with effort. "Tell me I haven't lost yet another mate."

Blue eyes locked onto the paler eyes of her friend. Sky feared it, feared the worst; one mate taken by sickness and now a second gone. If Shawchert had indeed left, the poor girl wasn't sure what she'd do to cope. The loss was something she dreaded more than losing her pack or home.

<style type="text/css">
.skymonu b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonuooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:georgia; font-size:10px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonu p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skymonu {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2A2F2A; background-image:url(http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6483/avatarael.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#CECFCA; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread