The Light Shines Through
(wc: 5+)
The white male had known the female was near giving birth. He'd been there when his mother had birthed Willow, he himself had been there with Kira when she'd given birth to their pups. Shawchert had said there as a healer in the pack already, but Tal wanted to check on the leader anyways. He wasn't the healer his mother had been, but he kept learning. Maybe one of these days, he'd make his way to the other packs and learn what he could from their leaders. He shifted his pack on his shoulders and continued down the way to Skye's house.

A cry rang out, and Tal froze. She'd called for Bangle, her mate. He mentally shook himself. bangle was nice, but Tal didn't know if he had any experience with this. And from the sound of it, she needed some kind of help. He let himself in the front door, making his way to where Skye and bangle were. Tal smiled uneasily, unsure of how the father-to-be would take his presence. "I...uh...came to see if I could help." He lifted his pack straps. "I have some herbs and stuff...."

He glanced at the woman on the bed who's distended belly looked uncomfortable. His uncomfortable posture changed just slightly into something more decisive. He set the bag on the floor, kneeling and removing the tincture of willow bark he'd made. He knew he wouldn't have the time to make tea, but this would do as well. He stood again, holding it out to Bangle. "Help her drink this. It's a tincture of willow bark and lemon grass. It will help with the pain."

He began rummaging through his pack again, looking for the sweet smelling herbs he'd brought. He lifted his gaze to the leader. "You need to relax, ma'am. I know it's hard, what with the pain and all... but I have some different things here to help with that." He gave a self-conscious smile. "I've helped with birthings a few times. Been present at them more than I've helped in them, but I helped deliver Liam and his sisters into this world. I hope you can trust me to help you. I'm not trying to take Bangle's place here...I'm just helping make this easier for you."

He set a handful of sage and lavender of the floor, then glanced at Bangle. "I'd like to burn these while she's in labour...the smells will keep her relaxed. Do you have a stone or glass bowl I could use?" Without waiting for an answer, he reached into his pack again, removing a few small stones, one of which was on a string. He laid them out in reach and view of Skye. "Malachite, rose quartz, and amythest. Mom always told me they were good energy for women in labour. And this one," he held up the pendant, "is moonstone. She helps with feminine energy, and keeps a person calm. May I put it around your neck?"

He had asked if anyone would be offended by his religious practices, some of which were directly tied into his healing skills. He had learned from his mother, who had been the shaman and one of the founding leaders of Phoenix valley. She had learned some skills from Fatin, and learned many others from books and the like.

Messages In This Thread