The Light Shines Through
((*nodding sagely, studies Bangles post* I say...bangle is paranoid and schizophrenic, and need prozac and zoloft. LOL JK PS: Don't mind Tal...his mother taught him some strange things. :/ Though I'll tell you...after three kids....they worked for me. LOL wc: 4+))

Tal smiled at Skye as he slipped the pendant around her neck, murmuring something softly. It was a prayer in Irish his mother had taught him to help with pain. When Bangle returned with the bowl, Tal turned his attention to the sweet smelling herbs he'd brought to use as incense. He lit the charcoal he placed in the bottom of the bowl, then blew it out until it was embers only. He sprinkled the dried sage and lavender on top of it, letting the sweet smoke drift up. He turned, wafting the smoke over the laboring mother and her mate. He spoke softly, but clearly, to the pups, not to the parents as the smoke drifted upwards. "May Rhiannon herself guide you into this world. May your birth be easy and successful. May you bring only joy to your parents." He closed his eyes, visualizing a white light filling the room, surrounding the other two wolves.

He opened his eyes, lifting a hand and letting the smoke roll over it, then running his hand over Skye's forehead and touching her belly. He spoke to her, to her spirit. "Skye, imagine a white light running through you, from your head to your toes. It radiates warmth and comfort. Each contraction you feel, the pain is taken from you, replaced by strength. Let the strength fill you..."

He glanced up at Bangle, who seemed to be clutching at Skye's hand desperately. He remembered being the anxious father, feeling helpless in the face of her pain. He knelt, reaching into his pack after setting the bowl down. He pulled out a small bottle of amber liquid. Something his mother had used, she called it self medicating. He crossed to Bangle's side, handing him the bottle with the black label. "Bangle, take a drink. Not a lot, you don't want to pass out or get drunk...but enough to calm you. You look more scared than Skye does." There was the hint of a laugh in his voice, the hint of a smile on his face.

He returned his gaze to the laboring mother. "Between the ritual and the visualization, and the tincture...well, all we can do now is wait. I need you to tell me when your body tells you it's time to push. Mother said it feels like pressure starting from your breasts and pushing downwards to your tail. Given how close and how strong your contractions seem to be...it shouldn't be too long now."

Messages In This Thread