Earth below us
[html]

She took her hand away from him and they entered the remains of the house. Gideon couldn't imagine leaving this place, though Melee and Range spent their nights out-doors as often as they did inside these days. The building had sentiment to him. Bris and Conor were gone, now, but he didn't need them. He wasn't angry with his aunt for leaving them...but her departure had left a small hollow inside of his chest. She had been the one to care for him as a pup when he had been injured, lost, and alone. Who would he have to go to for advice now that she was gone? Layla had lived with him for a few months before she too had taken her leave. He'd miss her company as well. Having Nayru around, feeling his face twist into a smile and heart beat with emotion, was making him realize how much he had missed out on while recovering. Could he get it back?

He saw her as a leader, but also in several other ways as well. She was his superior and he respected her position, but she had also always been the one he could talk to about anything, who was his friend through thick and thin no matter what happened. He settled beside her, allowing himself to sink slowly down onto the cushion of the ratty old velvet couch. Her words perplexed him momentarily and he allowed himself a moment of silence to think. What was she referring to? He wasn't the same as he had once been...but that was the way life went, wasn't it? "We've led different lives than we had when we were children, Naryu. The world isn't as innocent as I once believed it to be. Sometimes the hero and the villain wind up being the same person in the end."

Their conversation had gone down a dark road, but Nayru made a quick U-turn before it went too far. He had spent a lot of time thinking about what had happened to him and why...if he had done something wrong in his life to deserve to be treated like that. To go through this suffering now. "They've been sticking around the house about as much as they've been outdoors lately. I can't keep them in and I don't want to, hah. I don't want them to explore too much and get into trouble..but it's the only way they'll learn I guess. I was a pretty shy pup for the most part...I was happy to stay inside Dahlia because that's where all of my friends were, anyway." He looked back at her, hands in his lap.

<style>
.giddeongrass .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.giddeongrass p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.giddeongrass b {font-weight:bold;}
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread