Earth below us
[html]

Hey, that is more than fineee Big Grin <3 And aha...a turn of events, perhaps >__> Nay may not be the one to flee~ He feels conflicted..he doesn't want her touching him like that unless he knows for sure that there is some kind of meaning behind it. Because he doesn't want to get used to having that around and then have it taken away, I think. He's a complicated boy. -pets him-

He'd always had the thought in his head that he should watch out for Nayru and keep her safe. Gideon wanted to be her protector, her knight in shining armor. But how could he be those things when he couldn't even protect himself? He'd felt useless in the weeks after his injuries as he had healed, taking snail-slow steps toward recovery. The male had tried to be as independent as he could, but had accepted little bits of help from Saul and the children when they had offered. He was a stubborn one at times.

The Stormbringer had never thought he would be looking to Nayru for protection from anything or anyone. The realization made his stomach roll; gone were the days when he could go confidently to the borders of the pack and scout out in the open, gone were the days when he would rush into a confrontation to protect the pack from an intruder. He didn't know that he would be of any use if he did such a thing any longer. Anathema...the wolves there had to be pure evil. Could he defend Nayru and the pack from such a force, or would he wind up looking to them for protection from that pack?

He would have to try and train, try and get back to somewhere near where he had once been physically and mentally. He didn't want to have to rely on anyone or anything...or be afraid any longer. "Why would they kill him? For no reason?" He had guessed that something had happened, yes, but couldn't work this part of the story out in his head. "I really don't remember, Nayru. I just remember that weird smell...the scent of must and dirt. Like something old and dusty"

His overstimulated mind received an even bigger shock when she touched him once more, putting her hand in his and resting her head on his shoulder. He froze. Did she not know what this did to him? See what it did? He sat stock-still, unsure of how to react or what to think. There was too much rushing through his mind right now to handle all of it. He turned his head slightly to look down at her, eyes wide, heart beating wildly. He had to get some kind of control back. "You...shouldn't touch me."

Gideon pulled back, then, standing up a bit unsteadily. "I don't know. I think it means more to me than it does to you. I don't..I just don't know." He took a few steps to the side, turquoise gaze crossing the room to rest upon the door that she had come into. An escape route, perhaps, if he needed it. He was afraid of what she might say, afraid that what he had said had wrecked the entire situation. Why couldn't he have just sat down and continued to talk to her? Why couldn't he stand her touch?

<style>
.giddeongrass .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.giddeongrass p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.giddeongrass b {font-weight:bold;}
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread