Something To Tell
Aslan listened closely to her story. He didn't understand, how could a mother love one child more than the other. He thought about asking but decided against it. He didn't want to risk upsetting Aylar. He shook his head at her last comment, "No Aylar. It wasn't boring! But another story at bedtime sounds good!" He giggled and gently snuggled closer to Io. He let out a long sigh. "How come you don't search for your brother?" Aslan knew that if one of his siblings lived nearby he would search everywhere for them! He would want to see them again.

Aslan was quiet for a few moments. "Aylar... I have a question. When I am able to shift.. can I help to cook? I know lots of recipes by heart and I would love to help! Also I want to have chores to do. I feel quite useless, just exploring an not really helping with anything." This was true, on the boat he had felt the same way! Finally his mother had given him a broom and told him to sweep every inch of the boat and off Aslan went, sweeping for hours. He was happy to help and he loved to clean. It was difficult for him to sweep on the boat because he would hold the broom in his mouth an drag it along. Of course the boat was already perfectly clean but that just made Aslan think that he was the one that was making the boat shine.

Messages In This Thread