A New Kind of Song
[html]

It seemed that this was one of the people who weren't used to talking cats, Element thought as the woman gasped sharply and clasped her hand over her mouth, clearly shocked that the feline could speak her language. She then stuttered a bit, confirming what he had thought, and then asked where her manners were, introducing herself as Giselle. He peered closely at the strange creature that she called Tux - he wasn't sure what it was. Its body was long, almost like a very fat snake covered in fur, and with small legs. Its face was long, and its eyes were small and beady; it reminded him of a cross between a fox and a squirrel, maybe.

The inevitable question then came, and Element did his best to be amiable, switching his curious green gaze from the odd foxsquirrel to Giselle, who was looking at him expectantly. "Well," he said, "I grew up learning both the High Speech - that's what you're speaking - and the Low Speech, which is what most other non-carnivorous mammals speak. The Low Speech is more of a feeling, or an instinct, while the High is a distinct dialect that you can speak with words. I learned both because of my ties as a small mammal and my lineage, which includes many large, carnivorous cats," he finished. His mother had always thought that the High Speech was far more useful than the Low, but he had learned the Low Speech from various animals that he was around, deer and other wolf-prey animals not out of the question.

<style type="text/css">
.elementbro b {font-weight:normal; color:#26c326; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementbroooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementbro p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementbro {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#755a31; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... tabbro.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 290px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread