A New Kind of Song
[html]
xDD giselle is so cute

The feline saw as the strange foxsquirrel raised itself up on its hind legs, and it looked now more like a furry snake than anything. Element quirked one ear backwards, trying to make sense of this odd creature, but before he could do anything about it, the white wolf picked her companion up again and took a step closer to him; he could tell that she was still fascinated by his abilities with speech. He had known canines that were, but usually they took the revelation in stride after a few words had been exchanged. This one had a more naive air about her, as if she were younger, although he knew that she was by no means a pup. He shrugged it off, and considered her words as she asked if living in Halifax alone was lonely.

"Cats prefer to live alone, usually," he said shortly, "And I don't mind that in the least." It was true - although he missed Flower so much that his heart ached, that was more of a longing for his old companion and love back. Element, for all the emotions that he'd felt in his life, had never, not once, felt the emotion of loneliness; he was a cat, after all, and they were creatures that sought out solitude most of the time. If anything, he felt a bit crowded, with all the canines visiting Halifax; there were a lot of them, he had discovered after only a few months in Nova Scotia, although he didn't mind that... much.

"People do come to visit the library, which is the building I live in, to get books, however," he tacked on as an afterthought to the woman. Then the subject changed as soon as it had been brought up, and she asked hesitantly if she may - he was confused for a moment before he noticed that while he had pondered, the woman had raised her hand half-way towards Element, her eyes on his silky coat and full of longing. He didn't mind if she did pet him - he loved to scratch himself on trees and assumed that it would feel much of the same anyway.

"Be my guest," he said with a twinge of humor.

<style type="text/css">
.elementbro b {font-weight:normal; color:#26c326; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementbroooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementbro p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementbro {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#755a31; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... tabbro.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 290px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread