Good House Hunting
[html]

You kiddin'? Slade is terrible at making friends.

Hello. The most obvious greeting to have ever been used in the world had completely evaded Slade's mind, and now he felt completely awkward staring up at her as she explained what she sought and gave an introduction. As if it wasn't bad enough having to look up at someone who was likely younger than him--he could tell that just from scent and the fact that she wasn't nearly as tall as some other Luperci he had seen--now he had to live with the fact that his greetings failed and always would fail. Wow. His life had just been getting worse since all of the drama, and that had been months ago already.

Trying not to show how annoyed he was with himself, Slade also realized that it was stupid to ask the female what she had been looking for. If she had been seeking something small he would have no idea how to find it. Instead, she was trying to find a suitable house, which he couldn't help at all. He wasn't sure why a Luperci couldn't just find a nice den and shift for the night and just shift back in the morning; of course, he wasn't a Luperci, either.

Reminding him of yet another thing he had managed to forget, the female introduced herself as Evelyn Wood, shooting him a rather silly-looking grin. Deciding not to comment on that, he replied, "I'm Slade, Slade Auctor."

He followed her as she began to walk away, wondering what those strange things around her neck were, trying to decide what he was going to say about the house. "I'm sorry, I asked you what you were looking for and thus suggested I was going to help you, but I have absolutely no idea what to look for in a house and thus would be no help whatsoever" didn't cut it. He was relieved when Evelyn spoke up again, changing the subject.

There had been too many "interesting" things happening in Cercatori d'Arte lately for Slade's liking, but he decided to leave his opinion out of his answer. He was already trying not to sound annoyed already, and injecting his response with a rant wasn't going to help. "Yeah," was his simple reply. "Shawchert's gone. There are new ranks. Pretty sure some of the members have left. The works."

<style type="text/css">
.sladefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bacdd6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000f3d; }
.sladefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; text-align:center;}
.sladefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sladefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#527d96; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... slade1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bacdd6; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sladefreebe01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #527d96; margin:0 auto;}
.sladefreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #527d96; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#08+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread