By Nose and Nature [J]
[html]

Preferred Rank: Merchant

Currently Played Characters: Giron Felorn

Initial Post: [/html]
[html]

Giron paused, his excitement overcoming his growling belly. For the third time, he came across two scents turning back into one trail. What the source could be he still had not figured, but whatever it was, he was closing in on it. He hastened his pace, bending his head low to sniff the earth while keeping his worn fedora balanced on his head.

By sundown, he knew he had come close. Each scent was strong and distinct, and laced with many odors, but Giron identified it as one smell. One that triggered memories and longing in his mind. He quickened his pace. The grass here seemed much more traveled on, the dirt more tightly packed. In the distance, he noticed a tree standing out among all the others, to which he hastened to. The trees carvings were numerous, and only then did it strike Giron how long it'd been since he'd read. The enormous, swirling letters provided a comfort to him that he hadn't felt in what he thought was too long. Cercatori d'Arte, they read. By nature he dared not pass the tree, though this nose seemed to disagree, the aroma of food faint in the air.

'Nothing left to do but wait, I think I'll close my eyes for a moment.' Giron knew his presence would be known quickly, though his exhaustion quickly kicked in. Soon, Giron blended in to the environment, the only thing distinguishing him for the roots being the gentle respiration of a sleeping dog, and his tattered black fedora.

<style type="text/css">
.gironwater b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beachooc { font-style:italic}
.gironwater p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 35px; margin:0px;}
.gironwater {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#000961; background-image:url(http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5286/avatarot.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #28B3E5; padding: 185px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial; font-size:11px; color:#68A9C1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.gironwater-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread