Rest now great Knight
When the last nails where hammered, his form slowly relaxed before hopping down. He was no were as graceful as she, but sometimes the warrior in him slipped to the recesses of his mind. Finally he found a chair and fell into it with an exasperated sigh escaping his lips. A hand instantly went up to rub his shoulder. Sometimes he over exerted himself, today seemed to be one of those days. His eyes looked up at their work. The framework and roof structure was fixed, but it would still require more work to get it ready to accept a new metal roof. He had some old shingles in a shed behind his home he’d bring to tack to the structure once they finished putting back down the paneling to hold it.

“I know you may not want to talk about this Nayru,” he started but even now he knew she needed to hear this. Saluce would have to urge her to listen, even if the feelings cut too deep to want to listen. “I fear he died in Anathema Nayru, and I fear he died by someone in Anathema. All the evidence I have is circumstantial, but Gabriel accused him of raping one of his nieces. I think their might have been a pregnancy from this.” He paused a moment looking over to gauge her reaction. All through the retelling of these events his voice held a calm and emotionless quality that expressed he was talking about this matter with a level head. He respected her and hoped that she understood that this conversation wasn’t meant to be heard by anyone else.

“I am keeping my suspicions to myself, but wanted to address what I’ve found with you. Conor meant a lot to all of us, and in many different ways. But it seems the reason for his sudden departure might have been because something was wrong with him.” That was all he could come up with, it didn’t make sense that Conor would rape a girl, but if he was suffering from some illness it was plausible. And if he was suffering alone with it than leaving Dahlia might have been the only way to cleanse Dahlia of what seemed like a curse passed on from his father.

The behemoth went back to rubbing his shoulder; the sore pain that ebbed there still bothered him. So much was left to be done here, hopefully Nayru wouldn’t leave in anger, and he hoped she’d stay and talk and help rebuild this forgotten relic of another time. So as soon as he felt he had rested long enough he stood and began looking back up at the next step, a hand found a square and pencil and began climbing back up, checking how square the rungs where between the trusses.

Messages In This Thread