Rest now great Knight
[html]

The man who had once been her mentor spoke, and while much of the information was news to the slender lady, no surprise or understanding came to her face. Simply she kept the calm, slightly curious look that she usually wore and listened to the cadence of his voice rise and drop. The understanding that they had had, as student and teacher, was perhaps long gone. The man expected her to have emotions that never would have belonged to her, even at a younger age. Storming away in anger had never been her style, and even if there was a subject she did not wish to discuss never did she silence a voice. Merely she listened, soaking in what she said, and simply she shrugged at the great brute.

Conor Soul had left of his own accord, and Nayru had not bothered to follow him. Had she ever wondered where the lilac eyed man had gone, she could have easily sought out the answer. Tracking had always been the skill that came easiest to her, speed and had been the natural gifts given to her when size and strength had been without. Had she wished, Nayru could have trailed the man the night of his departure, without his ever becoming aware of the ghost at his heels. Yet she had held back, letting him go, and then later letting Bris go in search of him, because after they left Dahlia de Mai, in body or mind, it was no longer any of her concern.

Yet before the alpha could even reply Saluce set back to work, and at this a slight irritation grew in her. As if repairing this building was so important! Lifting crimson eyes as he lifted his great body to the rafters her quiet voice floated up to him. "Forget the damned roof for a moment. If you wish to discuss this, then return to the ground and discuss it." And the fairy girl stayed silent until again the large man was standing before her. Ruby gaze brushed over him, and the irritation she had felt just moment ago melted. She was not angry he had gone looking for Conor. Even if she had set aside any need for closure, many others needed it. The news of his possible death did not jar her, to the patchwork woman Conor Soul was long dead. Yet others would not take this so easily and sooner or later word would spread.

"I thank you for bringing this news to me Saluce, surely it was not easy or pleasant trying to trail him so long after he left." Nayru knew the effort that had probably gone into such a task, the longer the trail was left unfollowed the more cold it would grow. Yet all that for what? "The others have a right to know of his death, if you wish to share this news." This was not something they should keep to themselves, and yet, if word spread about Anathema being the cause? What then? "But Saluce, for me this means nothing except that sooner or later I must make another trip out to Anathema and this does not please me." The ever gentle voice died then, and she looked up at the face of a man who had once solved many puzzles for her as a child, and now as an adult he was laying great ones at her feet.

<style type="text/css">
.nayr b {font-weight:bold; color:#c28085; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayr .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayr p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #080202}
.nayr {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#821212; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /nayru.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread