{M} - tem[p]les made out of paper.
[html]
No worries ^_^ Alae makes me want to hug things xD

Her presence came as quite a surprise; he'd neither heard nor smelt her approach. The creaks, groans, and tearing of grass associated with freeing the dolly played no small role, but the smoke wafting over his nose and clouding his senses was still the main culprit. His movements ceased mid-jerk and the dolly balanced on the two wheels that remained half-stuck (so close!). He looked up (a dreamy and deliberate action), and beheld the timbre woman with a questioning look, the joint dangling freely as he considered what she said.

"Uh," he started, allowing gravity to gently reclaim the ensnared metallic contraption. Using his fingertips, he plucked the cig from his mouth and stared at it, as though it might produce the answer she sought. "I dunno; you're probably right." He hadn't a clue--he wasn't even sure if his copper grandfather knew, and Anselm was the one responsible for planting most of it. Still, he was inclined to agree with her if only because she was pretty and seemed to know what she was talking about.

Catching her brilliant blue gaze, he held up a finger and flicked his ear as if to say one sec, popped the joint back in his mouth, and--with one final forceful, yet controlled thrust--freed the dolly at last. He half-drug, half-rolled it over to where she was in the driveway and toppled it to its side so he could get at the wheels later. Temporarily abandoning it, he now chose to focus on his company instead. "Would you like a taste?" he offered, more than happy to share with a fellow enthusiast. "I can show you the plants 'round back, too, if it helps," he added, assuming for now she was genuinely curious and not just making conversation.

Not that he'd mind in the case of the latter, of course. The Dahlian had a tranquil air about her he was immediately attracted to and he found her various jewellery and trinkets to accentuate her feminine features very nicely. From head to toe she was a sight to behold: silky flowing hair, beaded bracelets about her slender wrists, a fit and curvy build... The tattoo especially caught his attention, as he understood what the lotus symbolised. His eyes lingered here a bit longer, but he was careful not to leer.

A flutter of white in his peripheral caught his attention next, and he turned his reddened eyes to the sombre owl. It reminded him of Apache's falcon, which would no doubt seek him out sometime in the coming weeks. He still had to sit down and write a letter for his parents and Anselm--updates on himself, on Savina, on Inferni. Barrett would get around to it, of course, but only once there was literally nothing better to do or the deadline was bearing down on him. "I'm not sure your friend likes me very much," he joked lightly, eyes lighting up as he looked back to the woman and away from the bird's intent, piercing stare.

<style>
.barrett-traffic p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barrett-traffic b {color:#FDE77D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.barrett-traffic {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#FEF2A6; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affic1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:none; width:420px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;}
.barrett-ooc {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#B16621; text-align: justify; background-color:#000000; border:none; width:400px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread