{M} - tem[p]les made out of paper.
[html]
<3 Sorry 'bout the delay, I've been preoccupied with trying to get my stupid profile organised and up to date the past couple days... still not done, either x_x! -Loves how zen Alae's is-

Barrett's mother had been raised by a clan of second generation Irishmen (and a woman), so he visibly perked when she mentioned the country by name. The O'Clavins--and even his mother--retained thick accents to this day. As he'd spent as much time around them as away during his formative months, it hadn't really stuck in his case, though perhaps a discerning ear could recognise the faint play of Irish amongst the Italian, Australian, American, and other influences. His birth pack had become quite the worldly place and he'd picked up a little something from everyone over time, but the final blend was largely generic.

Nevertheless, the last thing he wanted to talk or think about in the company of this radiant young woman was his mother--and so he said nothing, and the thought dropped from his consciousness completely in due time. He smiled and beat his tail thrice as she accepted his offer, then squatted to the ground while she took her hit. She'd already caught his roaming eyes once, and--while she hadn't seemed to mind explicitly--he was hoping to be more subtle and not come off as a creep. It gave him a good excuse to futz with the dolly, in any case, and he took a quick inventory of everything he'd need. The wheels would be coming off completely.

He looked up as she passed it back to him and accepted it with a nod of his head. He took another puff as he stood and considered her question. "Well... kind of... not really," he started, thick smoke billowing out of his mouth after each word. "Mostly marijuana at the moment, by the end of the growing season things will be better." As an afterthought he felt that was kind of ambiguous, and decided to clarify while he passed the joint back to her. There was no shortage of supply here and he hardly minded sharing with anyone while he smoked, especially women. It was only when others wished to take a quantity for themselves at a later time he'd buckle down and start discussing the terms of a trade.

"Got some poppies, too, but not enough to barter or even use." Anselm had only received a small number of viable seeds from the get-go and he'd planted most in the greenhouse with the expectation that someone would be there to ensure their survival. Fortunately, he'd had the foresight to keep several in reserve in case of blight or extenuating circumstances and he'd even planted a couple outside. These outdoor plants were healthy but his only sure shot to rebuild, as there was no guarantee the unsown seeds would take were he to plant them. Poppies aside--there were mushrooms, but the were was key here. These had been grown inside of the garage and had perished completely due to lack of added moisture. Barrett hoped they might revive if only he resupplied life-giving water, but he was not wholly optimistic.

Barrett peered back at the pale creature as Alae introduced her feathery companion, and then herself in turn. Her name had a pleasing, simple ring to it that suffered no loss in beauty for its brevity. "Well met," he smiled. "I'm Barrett," he added, mentally reeling at how sharp and rough it sounded compared to hers. This was more of a half-baked thought than a legitimate concern, however, and at length he managed to turn his attention back to the task at hand. "Hmm, I'll show you around out back, then I can grab some things out of the garage when we're done?" He did not mind her company--and truthfully welcomed it, as was evident in his tone--but he did not wish to put his efforts completely on hold. The yearling still hoped to return to Crimson Dreams sometime within the next day.

<style>
.barrett-traffic p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barrett-traffic b {color:#FDE77D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.barrett-traffic {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#FEF2A6; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affic1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:none; width:420px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;}
.barrett-ooc {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#B16621; text-align: justify; background-color:#000000; border:none; width:400px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread