{M} - tem[p]les made out of paper.
[html]

The move went great! Finally settled in, and glad to get back to writing! 797

With the haze of THC beginning to take a more captive state over her mind, this didn't regard her from keeping focused on the conversation and the tasks about to come. Her nerves had not been exposed to the effects of marijuana in quite sometime, so the effect was hitting her more profoundly and stronger than it used to when she smoked for enjoyment every other day. Seeing as how there was a silly grin to register upon Barrett's own muzzle, it made her own broaden as Barrett explained sharing the harvest of poppies that he could obtain from her own seeds given to him. Sounded like a fair trade enough, as the Sidhe nodded in acknowledgement. "I could work with that. I've been scavenging the mutual territories for whatever I could find in a medicinal sense, and I've found some worthy gems I didn't think would grow in these parts. We can see if those will flourish with your collection as well." Alae replied, for there were jars upon jars back in her dwelling at Dahlia that housed dried and cracked herbs of all sorts from her travels. The little flirtatious tack upon his sentence couldn't have made her grin any more broad, as a light laugh followed suit. "Who knows, it could turn into something more of a joint venture opportunity for both of our packs." The brilliance behind marijuana is it got her thinking, and so many ideas were instantly overflowing into her mind at the moment about the prospects of trading with other packs for goods and services. Dahlia already began with the production of wine bottling and wine making, why not attempt to take on another trade such as seed harvesting?

Following in suit with Barrett to his collection he possessed and pointed out, Alae crouched up close to some specimens, but continued to remain on pace with Barrett's tour of the greenhouse. Seeing as how Barrett's collection could definitely use some assistance from what she already possessed seed wise back in Dahlia, the back of her mind did a mental checklist of what she had on hand to provide to him as Barrett led them to peer into an area where the plants were wilted at best. A failed project perhaps, but fortunately with plants, compost and proper irrigation techniques that he noted would bring them back to life in no time. There was much potential Alae could see in this greenhouse, and the Sidhe fed off Barrett's desire to revive it to its highest attainable state. "When I leave, I'll return to my den to look for what I've collected so I can give you more than just poppies. I've got some things that could really find a home and growth here, with a little touch up in compost and soiling." The Wahrer offered, though of course she didn't want to appear like she was having in on whatever project Barrett had going on for himself. She understood Luperci had to make their own incomes from somewhere, but Alae was more than willing to help if Barrett so needed the assistance to, for plants and herbs were right up there on her forte.

Sauntering back to the location where they first met, Alae took hold of the sixteen screws he provided. She observed the human made metal pieces in her grasp as he rummaged around in a box that contained more of the same with human made tools. Finding herself staring at the screws for a bit longer than intended (the effects of marijuana were still greatly at work, and wouldn't prove to slow down anytime soon), her ears suddenly caught Barrett's question of her practice a few moments after her stupor in staring silence. Blinking her eyes, she shook her head lightly as if to rid the temporary cloud of idleness that overcame her. "I practice meditation and yoga, preferably baptiste, which is more of a flow of breath and movement than simple stretching." Alae started, pausing at first. "My grandmother taught me the practice back in Ireland, and so far it seems not too many in Nova Scotia are fond of it, so I do what I can to help those who need clarification and quietness to their souls." Another pause. "I also make incense and candles for aromatherapy, which sort of tie into my whole practice of meditation as well. I collect many herbs so I could extract the essential oils from them, thus making what I need to achieve burning scents as well." Her explanation then fell into silence from that point forward, as Alae could also mention her newfound interest in winemaking and tidying up the vineyards in Dahlia, but that wasn't as nearly as important as what she excelled in for her own skills.

<style type="text/css"> .character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#D3C690; letter-spacing:1px; } .character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px;} .character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;} .character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/x1c7zc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#595548; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread