and the owl called
[html]

The arguing continued, fire fueling fire and causing what could be an inferno between the two who had been such good friends. Chitsa shrank as Nayati shouted back, something wounded by the fact that he had yelled. Her anger didn't dissipate, but an unease settled in as she stared at the face of the white-furred man, veiled as fear and shown in her posture. Nayati was a large man. Fear was a natural response.

And then the mood changed. Her anger faded into lament and her words stung like bees that caused Nayati to pause. The Amara continued to focus upon the earth, even as he spoke. His words did not ease her distress. They simply echoed what she already believed — she had lost her friend to others, leaving her alone. Kotori had done the same. The similarity opened the still-fresh wound, eliciting a whimper from the fiery woman. "Dawali would have understood." Dawali was compassionate. "It doesn't matter now, you have other things to...deal with. I need to go. I have work I have to do." She needed to clear her head, fingers grasping at the waved locks of hair that hung over her shoulders. A dull ache had formed in her chest as she made her way around him, attempting to find the Great Fire in her distress.

<style type="text/css">
.chitsafire b {font-weight:bold; color:#C46218; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #B2B4C9;letter-spacing:.0px; }
.chitsafire-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.chitsafire p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.chitsafire {margin:0 auto; width:447px; background-color:#73A5E0; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... safire.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0C0E27; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#21324D; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread