You aint just whistling Dixie...
[html]

Dude, great idea with the song. Got me up to speed =)

Skoll had never danced before. There had been no music in StoneTree, the desolate, frigid waste where he'd been born. There had been no music for him at the creek. There had been no music as he traveled alone from place to place, seeking the legend of HawkWind. He had heard song, he had heard poetry, little more. He knew of flutes, he knew of stringed instruments. Nevertheless, he had never seen anything that approached her complete immersion into the sounds coming from the wooden pupe at her lips. As she danced, he closed his eyes, listening to the cadences and flow of the music. As she finished, he opened his eyes.

"That was wonderful. Well done. I haven't heard anyone play one of those in a very long time. I've only seen two or three in my life. You have a gift." He wasn't sure what to say. This woman was a part of the pack, he knew, but he hadn't formally met her yet. She had feathers strung about her hair, and seemed mature, not subject to the strangely high proportion of youth that pervaded the Souls population. It truly was strange how many two and three year olds he'd seen around. He wondered vaguely what it was about this place that appealed solely to younger wolves. Maybe it was just that older wolves were more likely to have found another place to live already.

"We are very lucky to have a musician in the pack with us. Storytellers, a musician, Shadowed Sun will be a very good place for the spirit in days to come. I am glad to have met you, eh..." He fumbled a moment. He didn't know her name.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread