You aint just whistling Dixie...
[html]

What are you apologizing for? You've been replying very quickly! If a few hours between every reply is standard for you, then it is I that must apologize for being unable to keep up!

"In Shadowed Sun? Not long at all, only since a few days after the fire," he said, glad she hadn't pushed the flute playing. He doubted he'd be much good at it anyway. He enjoyed telling stories, but many of those were dramatic, it was hard for him to imagine himself doing something so carefree as creating the tune he'd just heard come out of her instrument. Even his carvings were of those that had fallen in battle, serving as keepsakes to hold their memory.

"But if you're asking about the Bleeding Souls valley, I've spent half of my life there, which is to say three and a half years, though I suppose to did depart for a short time during that interval to address an issue that needed the attention of...well, someone who does what I do." He said this as casually as possible. He didn't take pride in the fact that he fought, but rather that he fought well. The same as most who had worked hard to develop a skill. Angelique probably felt the same way about her flute; she wasn't proud that she could play it, she was proud that she was good at it.

"I lived in a pack called Storm for the duration of that time, fulfilling the wish of my great great grandfather, HawkWind, who had lived there before me. He said that the wolves there had given him sanctuary, and that I should repay them, something he couldn't do at his age." His journey from StoneTree to Storm had been a long one, which spanned hundreds of miles of winding trail. Still, despite all of his--colorful--life experiences, he had never known the simple pleasures that Angelique had gained from having a family, nor the depth of sorrow that she had undoubtedly faced when confronted with losing them. "What of you? I never met you, even in my many years there. Where did you live that you eluded notice?"

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread