Meeting your match
[html]

Alder waited, patience something that he held plenty of. He decided that he would wait, until the dark of the setting Sun and then he would return to the court. Of course Alder hoped that someone would answer him, but he would not press the tribe to do so. The man took to straightening the pelts on the mare's back, petting her nose and shuffling his large foot-paws until there was a change in the scent around him. He stood tall, chest puffed slightly and watched as a female approached.

Though he could not picture her in the past, she was what he had expected. Her lines were curved, feminine and her pelt a mix of black and browns that he could picture standing strong against the placid bright hue of her mate. The scent of Nayati covered the fey, and so he was confident in his assumption. But he did not speak, not until she did. Yes, she held the hunter's name. Alder had found the right wolfess, his voice sounding properly through the wind. He gathered his courage, cleared his throat and replied with words he had practiced.

Hello. I'm Alder of Cour des Miracles. I believe I have met your mate, Nayati. The native name sounding odd on his tongue. He told me you had many horses, and I was wondering if you were open to barter. The black handed wolf paused at that, wondering if she would cast him away at the sight of his offerings or if agree to see what he had brought.

She was with a litter, young ones inside her belly. Having witnessed Princess in her pregnant state it was easy for him to pick up the signs. But he didn't feel the joy that had come over him when Haven spoke of his soon to be born children, first it was something else. But then, only after he corrected himself did he force himself to be happy for the mated pair.

<style type="text/css">
.aldermarch01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d3dbdc; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #397088; }
.aldermarch01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#064966; text-align:right;}
.aldermarch01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aldermarch01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#58879b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... arch01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d3dbdc; padding: 183px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#064966; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.8x; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
.aldermarch01-border1 {width:502px; border:2px solid #397088; margin:0 auto;}
.aldermarch01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #397088; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread