Chief's Sister?
[html]

Word Count→274

She kept her charcoal-colored back to the young, white female in order to better pay attention to her task, but that didn't stop the child from speaking to her. The words came out fast, quickfire questions without chance to respond and Chitsa glanced over her shoulder with faintly annoyed eyes; it wasn't that she didn't enjoy arbitrary banter, but she felt it was clear she was working. Why wasn't this girl? She remembered her circle of friends in the Great Tribe, and so rarely saw members simply sitting about doing nothing. Kotori trained so often that she didn't have time with him until the sun had set. A work ethic was something she not only applauded, but encouraged in all.

As the questions died down, the Amara turned to face Ayasha, placing creme-furred hands on wide-set hips. "You ask a lot of questions for a child." Her voice was level, with only faint traces of irritation twisting around the syllables. Had she ever been so inquisitive? She made a mental note to ask Dawali; he'd know what habits she'd had during her youth, as he'd helped alongside her elder siblings in raising her.

Fingers found strands of mussed hair and began combing it, knocking loose feathers that she quickly gathered to replace. "Yes, I'm from the Great Tribe. And yes, I'm Dawali's sister. No, I don't need help; I've been doing this work for longer than you have been living, little girl. I'm not incapable of doing it by myself." She spoke as a crimson feather was braided back into place, blue eyes turning to see pieces of her mane that were viewable in her peripheral.

<style>
.chitsa-nametag {margin:0px auto;width:524px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.chitsa-nametag-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:12px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left; text-indent:0px;}
.chitsa-nametag-ooc p {text-indent:0px;}
.chitsa-nametag-ooc b {font-style:normal;font-size:13px;}
.chitsa-nametag p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.chitsa-nametag b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.chitsa-nametag i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread