grave reunions
[html]
Crappy post. Sorry about that.

Her body was still as his arm found her shoulders, and she appreciated the gesture in silence though she wanted to speak. There was nothing left to say — their Doda was dead and she couldn't muster the words to tell him the fate of the rest of the tribe. She had left them. She hadn't wanted to know. She hadn't wanted to see the damage done to her home. It made her wonder if her mother understood, or did she feel betrayed by her youngest child? She hoped to return to the Great Tribe to see her, but what if leaving had been the wrong choice?

It was too late to change it now, and instead she willed her thoughts to disappear, turning her attention to her grieving sibling. She tried to smile for him, until he asked about others — all false cheer faded into sorrow. "There were many others, I don't know how many after I left. I couldn't stay after Kotori..." The name faded into the air and her sentence was left unfinished. Kotori, her Kotori, had been taken too soon, leaving a hole in the heart of the woman. But that wasn't what she wanted to press on her brother — no, with a shake of her head she ended it. "There is no other news." He didn't need to hear details after learning the death of their father.

<style>
.zero-sidewalk p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-sidewalk b {color:#4a4e01; font-family: times,serif; font-size:14px;}
.zero-sidewalk {font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#555555; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#AFA79A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/jRNxH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:190px 0px 5px 0px; border:none; width:500px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread