Learning to Live
[html]

Word Count: 323

Pixie took one step backwards as the stranger skidded to a stop, the rabbit being flung from her jaws. She quivered slightly, instinctively wanting to snatch the rabbit for herself, but resisted; she would respect this wolf on her own territory, and since the young blue gray fae was no longer a loner herself and was fed properly within her pack, she no longer saw it necessary to steal prey from others. At least, not yet. Just because she had matured since her days as a loner did not make her any less hungry after traveling all day.

She narrowed her violet eyes as the wolf—even smaller than her, surprisingly, though that was partially due to her being in halfling form at the moment—crouched down in a submissive position. But why? She was the one who should be protecting her den and the prey she had caught. Pixie had made it clear that she meant no harm to her, so why was she acting afraid? Perhaps it was because the blue gray wolfess had the smell of other wolves on her, from Crimson Dreams—but the scents were clearly old, and they were not coming from anywhere nearby.

“I mean no harm, ma’am,” she repeated, crouching a little more to the ground and looking away from the brown female to emphasize her point. “I’m only passing through, see? If you want, I’ll just be on my way out of here…” She considered shifting into Lupus form to appear smaller, but decided against it; it would be too annoying to have to shift back into Secui form once she went off hunting again, and she wanted to be prepared just in case the other wolf attacked her. Glancing briefly over at the rabbit on the ground, she took another step backwards. She did not want to take off right away, as she was still curious as always about who this wolf was.

<style>
.pixie-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-o10 b {color:#D0E0F5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pixie-o10 {background-color:#6E7277; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/pixie.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#181A1C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pixie-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread