Learning to Live
[html]

Word Count: 316

She paused when she heard the bark pierce the air, one front paw lifted in mid-jog. She was fairly certain that the bark was only meant to get her attention, and didn’t have some other meaning to it. Rotating around, Pixie stared back at the tiny brown wolf and waited for her to speak. She could still smell that pheasant nearby and wasn’t going to wait that much longer for the other female to talk to her. If she did speak, however, Pixie thought that getting to know her name would be good, and perhaps having a short conversation and then being on her way. Hopefully. That was what she was trying to do in the first place, and that didn’t work out.

Pixie saw the lone wolf crawl out of her den and took a few more steps forward; she wanted to make sure she could hear exactly what the other wolf was saying. Her ears flicked slightly as the other wolf shifted into Optime form, maybe because she was more comfortable in it. Pixie, however, remained in Lupus form, not wanting to startle the loner again. Listening closely as the brown female half growled, half stammered an apology, the silver wolf smiled a little. “You needn’t be sorry for anything. This is your territory; if anyone should be sayin’ sorry, it’s me for trespassing on it. I was just givin’ you some advice, is all.” She wasn’t sure why she was being so nice to this wolf—maybe out of pity. She knew what it was like to live as a loner, and it meant having to be confident and tough. This wolf was anything but that, so Pixie didn’t see her as having a very good chance of surviving for long unless she toughened up or found a pack to live in.

“I don’t think I told you my name. I’m Pixie Frost.”

<style>
.pixie-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-o10 b {color:#D0E0F5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pixie-o10 {background-color:#6E7277; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/pixie.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#181A1C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pixie-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread