Lonely stars (all welcome please join!)
[html]

His eyes grew sad when she asked about his home. I'm Juna. He mumbled, laying back into the cool sand. I'm actually from round here, Shattered Coast I mean. He looked around the beach, watching the waves crash against the jagged rocks. His stomach ached, and he could smell the fishy scent the waves carried.

Do you remember the thunderstorm about two moons back? He asked, turning his green eyes back to Siku. My mother and sister and I lived in a small cave, on the beach. When the storm came in we assumed we'd be fine. We'd been through plenty of storms before. But this one was big. It was..evil almost, if a storm can be evil. He sighed, and his weak body shook with the effort of recalling the horror of that night. My sister, Holo, slept nearest to the entrance. I heard her scream first. When I first opened my eyes I couldn't see anything, it was pitch black. There was water surrounding me though, and the salt was burning..burning my ears, my eyes..I couldn't speak because I was choking on it. He coughed, looking down for a moment, when he met Siku's eyes again his were panic filled. His voice cracked as he continued, I thought 'This is Hell, this is Hell, I'm dead and this will never end.' Then the tide swept us out of the den, and I could see. The lightning gave me glimpses of my terrified sister, in her Optime form, swimming against the undertow. Then I saw my mother. But it wasn't my mother. It was just a mound of soaking fur, floating there. I Swam towards her, and clamped on. We barely made it to shore, and i dragged her into the woods. It was the highest ground, and the water hadn't reached it yet.

Tears welled at Juna's eyes, but he choked them back. Then I went to get my sister. Just then there was this huge noise. Something i've never heard, nothing can compare to it. It was as if the sky was splitting itself apart. Then the light blinded me, and when i turned around there were flames every where, licking up the trees. Then the largest one cracked and toppled. That was it. That was the end of it. I ran, praying out loud, but I knew it was no good. My mother had been crushed completely by a large branch. It was the worst thing i've ever seen. He gulped. Her eyes were wide, and her mouth was wide open, like she'd screamed for me before she'd died, but I hadn't been there.. He sniffed, laying his nose in the sand and closing his eyes, trying to lock the memory back up in his mind.

Image courtesy of Oldskooldave@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.juna-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
.juna-a01 .name { width:155px; height:35px; float:right;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.juna-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.juna-a01 b {color:#F8FAFD; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.juna-a01 {background-color:#0C1E2E; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/II50i.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #425F79; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C8DFF9; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:135px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; text-shadow:#051019 1px 1px 1px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread