Lonely stars (all welcome please join!)
[html]

Siku settled on the sand to lick her paws clean, happy to see the boy eating so enthusiastically. After licking away most of the blood on her muzzle, Siku laid with her head in her paws. She listened to the sound of bones crushing and meat tearing, and was content to wait and rest as Juna ate every bit of what she brought for him. When it was silent and she felt a gaze on her, Siku opened her eyes to see a seemingly new Juna. He was cheerful, and as Siku glanced back at him she could not help but stare at his eyes. They were a wonderful green, and it made her think of Saul. A smile graced her lips, and Siku moved to stand as he thanked her.

"You're welcome, Juna." Siku spoke gently, looking down at the wolf as he shook himself. Her smile grew, and she found that she was very quickly taking a liking to the innocent that stood before her. Rounded ears flicked forward as the boy spoke again, his demeanor changed. He looked afraid. "Are you going to leave now?" The sound of his voice made Siku close her eyes, and nostalgia assaulted her senses. It seemed it wasn't too long ago that she was asking her mother that very question, thousands of miles away in the Arctic. The wind ruffled her fur, and Siku opened her eyes again to smile down at the wolf again. "Yes, I am leaving now. It is a far ways back to my pack." Her black nose pointed north as she mentally thought of her path home; the four hour run/ day long walk. I don't want to be alone. Siku closed her eyes as he spoke again, not wanting to meet his desperate gaze. It would break her heart, she knew. Now Siku crouched down low, her golden eyes trying to meet with green as she spoke with a calm seriousness. "I don't have the authority to accept you into my home anymore." Siku spoke with shame, knowing it was her own fault she was down a rank. She paused for a moment, letting this sink into the young boys mind. She could not guarantee him a home. "But my best friend, Saul. He's a doctor. I mean, he will be. I live with him, and so does a little girl. Her name is Wretch. He saved her from the ocean. He found her by the water, kind of like how I found you." Siku smiled again, and spoke faster so the poor pup wouldn't think she was leaving him behind. "If you want me to take you with me, I will. You don't have to be alone ever again." Siku declared this in such a way that it was nearly a promise, and in a way it was. Siku could never turn away from Juna now, knowing how vulnerable and lost he was.

<style>
.moonbird-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.moonbird {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.moonbird b {color:#5c3c77; font-weight:bold;}
.moonbird {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#848488; background-image:url(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8168/souls77.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a3a7b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread