J/ Clearing in the dark
[html]
Thanks, I'm actually more used to writing in the past tense, I'm not entirely sure why I was writing these in the present.

He looked up at her after she spoke again, his eyes filled with curiousity, a slightly hint of distrust lying in their depths. Why should this turn out any different from the past? He would not be able to prove his worth to this pack, and then be on his own again, forced to travel again. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained.. he thought to himself, sniffing the air slowly, noting the different scents of the trees behind him, the wolf in front of him, all calming, not like the harsh scent of roasting flesh and burning fur, ash and smoke distorting every sense, flames consuming everything, the mind unable to do anything to process the terror that consumed your body, the need to escape more powerful than anything you could possibly imagine.

The memory made him shiver gently, realising what he was prepared to do again to be among others again. "Anything you ask of me, I will do, m'lady. I will be whatever your pack needs me to be." he said, knowing that he was speaking the truth. Whatever his past may have done to him, it had certainly taught him to do anything to survive. He nodded to himself slowly, staring into her eyes, trying to make her understand that he meant every word he said.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread