[m] there is a two-fold silence
[html]

The lament for the man she clung to was short-lived as his chest halted all movement and the words of her brother reached her ears. They swiveled to listen, the meaning not truly sinking in for the briefest moment; for all her wit and verbal sting, the de le Poer woman was at a loss. The Aquila's tongue was harsh, speaking of her faults as if he saw her in the same light that the abhorred Lykoi cousin or misogynist uncle did. Ezekiel, her prized tie to the world around her, had descended into disgust at her actions. Had she truly thought he would have simply accepted the fling she'd kept a secret for so many turns of the moon? No, she'd known what to expect. That had been the reason for her secrecy. And even as she began the altered lifestyle to prepare for the chance of motherhood, she found herself unable to resist catering to the golden King who so harmed her delicate feelings. She twisted on the ground and rose to her feet once more, prepared to face him with all of her useless self-confidence as he spat upon the ground.

"Please don't strain yourself; I don't want to lose you." Something wavered in her tone, unable to hide what was slowly bubbling over. He simply didn't realize what he said to her, he was angry; she was certain that he couldn't truly feel as he seemed to. As if afraid of what he would do, she kept her distance. Never before had she so feared her brother's wrath. One deep breath was inhaled before she gathered up trace remnants of courage. "I'm a grown woman, Ezekiel, I'll sleep with who I please; maybe if you weren't off cavorting with that whore woman, I wouldn't have to find my social comforts in Caillen Winters. You condemn me for him, but I never, never let him come into these lands. Not like you and father, with her. I knew when she came here, I'm not stupid! I'm your sister, Ezekiel! I'm supposed to be important! I'm supposed to matter to you, but you keep pushing me away for them!"

The yelping sob that emanated from her jaws signaled another turn, this time to place her back to the male. She crouched above the ground, fingers rummaging about the dead dog's neck in search for the clasp to the pendant she knew he wore there; the handsome silver stag's head couldn't be tossed away with his body. Her hands began to shake, though whether in anger or sadness she wasn't certain. "I want you to stay away from her. And her children. I don't want you to have anything to do with her; stay away and I'll never leave Inferni, I'll stay here and you can watch me and I won't have anything to do with the people outside again." Her fingers fumbled with the pendant, but it came loose and she palmed it easily, gazing at the lifeless face of the wolfdog before her. Slowly, she closed his eyes. "If you don't, I'll tell her that you killed her son; how do you think she'll feel about that, brother?" She spoke softly, her siren voice openly extorting a desired response from the handsome King of Inferni.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread