[m] there is a two-fold silence
[html]

Meh, crap post.

She wiped the blood from her hands onto the fur of the dead man's body — it didn't seem out of place, for the corpse was stained the rich crimson shade. Her ears were kept alert to the sounds of her brother, for the worry that rose in her chest was sharp and pulsing; the love felt for the Winters man was shadowed by her love for her sibling. For a moment, the world seemed to stop. His words struck her harder than any physical blow. He'd never spoken to her in such a way. Her fingers released the silver pendant and she stood, turning on a wide foot to face him; crimson eyes gazed at the staggering man, filled with hurt and sorrow. She could leave the corpse for later, it was he who needed her attention, that was clear now. Despite knowing this, she didn't approach. Her feet remained rooted to the ground. "You don't mean that, Ezekiel." Though it was a statement, the end twisted with an upward inflection, and the tone was soft and fragile. She hoped he'd agree, agree that he didn't really mean the hurtful words he'd said. True, she herself had been cruel — why couldn't he be? But something in the mind of the de le Poer princess wouldn't allow her brother to be so angry.

Finding her courage, she moved to close the gap between them as he gathered his things. "I didn't love him, I don't...need any of them, I won't be with any of them if you'll just take it back. Please." And her voice descending into the words of a beggar, silently praying to the God she thought led her life. She could feel the warmth draining from her body as she waited for his words, hoping he didn't truly think her heartless. "Please love me again." The whisper was spoken without thought. Did she really believe he had stopped loving her, the way she felt Gabriel had? Yes, it was easy to turn the withered mind of the woman to such pessimism; after all, it had only taken her father's lust to ruin his daughter's beliefs of him, and here Ezekiel was seeing the truth of his sister's depravity. A trembling hand reached towards him, hoping to offer some comfort to the infuriated Aquila while all the same hoping not to feel a blow from him.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread