at a [p]lace called vertigo!
[html]

Word Count → 316

Sorry for the delay! Been so busy with InH founding. @_@! No excuse though. I like Evelyn a lot, by the way! Micah went to hug her and tripped; it's up to you if he runs right into her and knocks them over. :3

Was he all right? Of course he wasn't all right! The salt-and-pepper hybrid shook so viciously that the ladder likely trembled even beneath Evelyn's fingers far below. His teeth chattered, his heart pounded, and for a time he forgot to blink so long the boy's eyes stung from dryness. Incessantly he whispered a terrified oh God, oh God, oh God to himself beneath his breath, even if he did not believe in the deity, even if his claws clung to the ladder's rungs in a death grip so tight he feared he'd break it and bring himself tumbling to the ground even faster.

"O-o-o-oh-h-h," he stammered, offering the most panicked and wild of terrified smiles down at her, "y-y-y-e-e-a-h-h-h, I-I-I'm f-f-f-i-i-ine!"

What a horrible liar. You're a horrible liar!

He prayed through his pleas to the nonexistant deity that Evelyn would not blame herself for his death, that she would know he died quickly but grateful for the help she offered. His eyes welled up, chest and stomach stinging and turning and hurting, but with shaking hands and legs he lowered himself rung by rung. The boy shrieked bloody murder when his foot slipped, spending the next full minute clinging to the ladder amidst the quick and painful breaths of a panic attack, and by the time he began again she had reached the ground. He flew down the remainder of the ladder in mere seconds — and upon reaching the grass, quite literally lay down on it with just enough resistence to keep himself from kissing it out of gratitude.

Once that was done, he jumped once more to his feet and once again dove with open arms at Evelyn, though with much more strength than intended — not only that, but his foot caught in the grass, and he tripped, and in this falling, open-armed motion he flailed clumsily at the girl, always the awkward idiot.

<style>
.micah1 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/k ... cah4-1.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:15px;padding-bottom:30px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;}
.micah1 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.micah1 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.micah1 .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.micah1 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.micah1 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.micah1 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.micah1 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread