at a [p]lace called vertigo!
[html]

It was less that he didn't understand her laughter and more that he never believed himself so easily excused. The boy constantly fumbled in everything he did; he accomplished nothing except pretty pictures once in a while, and even those were extraordinarily flawed in the salt-and-pepper boy's shameful brown eyes. What was her role, he wondered, how did she earn her keep? Whatever it was, surely she performed it with ease and aptitude, at least in comparison to anything he did.

He cowered at her ceasing demand, even though his self-inflicted punishment had already paused; at her next words, however, Micah seemed to grow a little with reassured confidence. He could not simply laugh away the things he did, not when he was so terribly possessed with humiliation and regret. If that was how others would handle it, perhaps it was best — even if he did come out of it looking like an utter clown. His ears pressed down at the thought.

Drawing close, she offered her hand, which he readily took and pulled himself up. "Yeah," he smiled sheepishly, tremors seemingly subsiding as he shrugged. "Y-You're very kind, Evelyn... thank you. I-I would have never gotten down without your help... I, um... get scared easily."

<style>
.rainsoundmooc {font-family: arial; font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.rainsoundmcred {font-family: arial; font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.rainsoundm p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rainsoundm b {color:#FAF85B; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.0em #FE0100; letter-spacing:.1px;}
.rainsoundm {font-family: 'Cousine', arial, serif; font-size:11px; color:#707070; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.rainsoundminner{background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dmicah.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:20px 0px 90px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; width:500px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread