To the Other Side of the Wind
[html]

Sorry for the lateness ^^”

"Lili," Ralla admonished her friend, even though Ralla was technically younger. "No matter what they look like, they'll fit in fine. They have family here." Of course she meant that as more than just blood kin; the tribe was their home. Ralla understood that there was prejudice in some places against those who were any less than pure wolf, but she did not understand it in the least. What did it matter if one was a coyote or a dog or a wolf or any mix between? The only way to see the differences was in appearance and sometimes scent; it didn't effect one's persona or heart. Certainly if her children were a mix she wouldn't love them any less, nor would she think that others in the tribe would do so. "Besides, I think I would like to see some miniature Lili's running around."

"My commendations for taming them; that must've been difficult, since they were completely wild. But I suppose that's why you're our Nadie Tadita." Indeed, how Liliana had managed to herd all those wild horses all the way back to the tribe was an amazing feat in itself. Ralla could only handle so many animals, and even then she would have trouble if there were perhaps more than two under her care. It was simple; she wasn't made to shepherd a menagerie. But Liliana handled them with such ease and love that their livestock thrived. The fire was, in a way, Ralla's creature to tend, and she could not think of it any other way. "I'm looking forward to seeing them out in the pastures, now that we finally have some proper ones built after the storm."

"I know what blind is! Adutsi was that!" Ahiga piped up, having successfully pinned the tip of Ralla's long white tail to the ground. It was true; even after the journey south to the tribe, Kemo had remained blind, and yet Ralla had not cared a wick that he was still so. It had not mattered before; why would it have mattered after? He had been an able father and mate all the same. Still, the children realized his disability when they had begun to ask about colors and shapes, and he had not been able to properly respond. It wasn't until he had properly explained his blindness that they had understood, but Ralla thought they somehow knew that it was better not to ask. Little Alaster, previously quiet and squirming to fit a question in, finally spoke. "What kind of horses?" The shy boy was more often than not fascinated by Sugar when Ralla took the pups out through the village, and even more so by the other livestock present in the stables. What with his birth month and sign--the sign being the symbolism of the grey sock on his right leg, the same as Ahiga's sign was pertinent to the sock on his left leg--she wouldn't be surprised if she found the boy hounding Liliana sooner than later about the creatures.

"Kemo has...been gone, recently," Ralla explained, feeling the worry from before returning to her. "I only think it is a short journey--like the one I begged of you not long after I came here--and I do not begrudge him it. But...I do agree with you; I wish he was here to see the pups grow some more."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread