There's no angels here.
[html]

Too much happens in this post.. oh well Tongue;
EDIT: I'm going away for a week so if you wanted to tie this up with one last post that'd be best. :]

It was quite wonderful to see the two newcomers, so worn out by travelling, so seemingly content. This beach surely was a prize, and their appreciation of it was elevating Beppe's. A lovely thing to pull him out of his recent gloom. If he were in a more giddy mood, what Kama called him off of her father's shoulder would have made him burst out laughing. Instead, a wide grin split his maw. Her question forced some introspection, though: what was it that made him Italian? The language, yes, but what else? Not sure what to say, he replied, "I am certain that you will learn how to be Italian from this pack, if you really want to. We are a big family, and this is what we like. Hopefully you will too."

Grinning, he continued down the beach. Time seemed to be travelling at a pleasant pace, and they were only nearing the houses now. There was a fire pit resting on the beach a few paces away from the water's edge, to keep it away from the high tide, and that was where Beppe led them to. He wasn't very quick at starting fires, and didn't want to make them wait, so he would take a quick trip into the Agapito house to find the box of matches. "You can rest here. I will be back quickly," he said smiling, and ran towards the house.

When he returned, he struck a match and lit the fire. How clever the humans had been; rubbing sticks together seemed to take forever to start a flame. Once the fire seemed to be going strong, he stood up again. "I'll go catch a fish," the boy said before leaving once more.

Beppe found his fishing rod where he had stashed it down by the docks, and quickly enough he had caught three plump fish out of the deep pools. He hurried back to his new friends, grabbing a suitable roasting stick on the way, and sat down beside the fire. "Here we go," he said, sliding the fish onto the stick.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread