In the Sun
[html]

{WC: 269} Not a prob’, whew… I had a busy June too. :o

Rook had never been near a horse, a cow, or any sort of domesticated farm animal up close before, so when he discovered one of his pack mates being flocked by goats, he was taken a bit by surprise. His smile never left his face, even after he startled the girl. Oops… Her reaction of seemingly trying to meld into the huddle of hoofed creatures actually made him feel bad and he immediately reacted accordingly. His own ears lowered and he tried to offer her a more genial smile.

“I-I’m so… sssorry,” he hastily apologized, knowing now just exactly how others felt when they unintentionally frightened or surprised him. “I’m Rook,” he then proffered. He grimaced a bit and clasped his hands together in hopes that the information he shared would comfort her even just slightly. Being the first to extend the beginnings of what hopefully would be a lasting friendship was a skill he had yet to master. From how she addressed him, he realized he still had yet to hone his social skills.

The coyote tapped his padded digits together as he thought of what to say to put her at ease. “I… I just got here a few days ago,” he started, “a-and… and I thought I’d take a look ‘round. I actually ‘avent been out this way before and Ehno mentioned a lake… so… I wanted to see if there was any plants I could collect.” He slowly raised his ears as he explained how he had wandered to the Cottage, wondering if she would listen since she had missed his little light-hearted joke entirely.

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-plain b {font-weight:bold; color:#669900; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rk-plain .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Rk-plain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rk-plain {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFF; background-image:url(https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UL7C ... -plain.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread