teach me to dance
[html]

It's all good.

Skoll pulled the leather strap holding his shield to the deerskin hide around his waist, and the simple knot holding it together loosed, allowing it to come free in his hands. His amber eyes roamed over the smaller wolf that had walked so boldly into the Shadowed Sun territory. The intruder bore a knife no less, and held it in such a way that it was clear he was ready to use it. As he measured him up, Skoll deftly secured the pitted wooden plank to his left forearm, secured by one pre-tied knot and two leather straps gripped in his hand. His right hand fell back to the axe-handle jutting from his pack.

"This is Shadowed Sun territory, and I have authority to drive you off of it. Drop your weapon immediately, or turn tail. If you don't comply to one of these demands immediately, I will engage." Skoll had been through many battles, and so he saw many things in the prelude to a fight. The way the hybrid held his weapon implied its use as a throwing tool. Projectile weaponry. He hated ranged weapons; not only did he have little defense against them barring his shield, but he felt it was an honorless way to fight someone.

The fact that the intruder was a coyote wouldn't have meant anything to Skoll outside of the culture of Bleeding Souls. He had never had anything against coyotes in particular, and had fought alongside several in the War of Shadows. Race would be a non-issue, if Inferni weren't so close. As things stood, this situation reminded him of his recent encounter with Andre. The Lykoi clan couldn't control its children, and it seemed to always fail to teach them any common sense. This creature didn't look like one of them, but if he was raised in the same environment, his behavior might be the same. In the end, it wasn't the Lykoi blood that mattered, but the ideals to which they had attached themselves.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread