to see the dancing ladies
[html]

The AniWayan tongue was not unfamiliar to Chitsa, but it felt misplaced to the red wolf as the Etikaiele Gata spoke it — it was a spirit tongue, one Chitsa had seen reserved primarily for the ceremonial aspects of the tribe, and it was this reason that caused the Amara to continue on in a common language. Periwinkle blues watched the woman without expressing the subtle curiosity she felt in regards to the thought of dancing with flames. It seemed foolhardy, dangerous, and caused Chitsa to wonder on Ralla's intelligence or sense of safety as she listened to the woman speak about it. Certainly no one would be so foolish as to risk harm simply for the sake of being close to the Great Fire. There were other ways, other paths to take to achieve spiritual calm, than one that was a danger to the soul. But the white woman seemed so adamant about the whole thing that it eased the suspicions that the woman was sick in the head. The faintest trace of a smile crossed over black-lined red jaws. "My mate would have appreciated such a spectacle, I'm sure." Kotori had always appreciated the different, the unique. The rush of adrenaline was why he had chosen the warrior's path and it was that same love of life that had caused him to lose his. Her smile faded into nothing again as she remembered he had entered the spirit world without her.

Her surprise was subdued as Ralla offered her the chance to learn the dance, and she was more than just a little apprehensive. To dance with fire, something she had seen to be destructive as well as powerful and beautiful, was not an idea she took lightly. Perhaps Ralla's mind worked more like a child than her own — in a realm of fantasy that Chitsa had left behind years before — or perhaps Chitsa was simply too tied into her traditions. Either way, there was a silence from the woman as she turned away to think, again working diligently upon the stacks of wood to ensure they were placed right. Once the pile was gone, she returned her gaze to the white Fire Keeper. "I will learn...for now. But I won't continue if it proves a danger." She wasn't ready to depart the world as Kotori had, certainly not touched by the Great Fire itself.

<style type="text/css">
.chitsa-skyfire b {font-weight:bold; color:#fa7d07; letter-spacing:1px; }
.chitsa-skyfire .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.chitsa-skyfire p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.chitsa-skyfire {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#29254e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PuGj5.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #29254e; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#772615; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread