that boy is a monster
[html]

Word Count → ?+ :: table © sie

Anxiety bubbled within her, uncontrollable, festering. All these weeks of mild serendipity was a lie - Her life would never succumb to peacefullness. Always, Lugh waited around the corner, ready to snatch the veil of fake happiness away and reveal to her strangely beautiful eyes the harsh lines of darkness. Now, as she watched the man she had adopted into her heart and into her small but precious family, she felt the wicked god's presence and trembled within.

After her dismount, Nana began to fidget, tossing her large head and pawing at the ground in a strange mixture of fear and aggression. Startled by the broodmare's unexpected behavior, Alaine grabbed a fistful of her mane and held tightly. From atop his throne on the back of the beast Viggo, Ezekiel gazed down at her - But his eyes were hollow, and she felt with a dreadful certainty that he could not really see her at all.

He spoke, but she knew her pupil, and his voice was brittle and fake. Too often had she seen his plastic smiles not to notice deception now. Words rung with a dull echo through her ears, and she nodded without comprehending, eyes seeking to see behind the wall he had built to keep her out. But while her senses explored, they found nothing but the nervous energy of the horse - Ezekiel was cold, a dead thing, shut off to her. The rejection felt like a nightmare she had had once, but this time, there was not the heavy and expectant weight of sleep.

She was nodding still, she realized. Head moving up and down. But then the movement changed, and she was shaking her head, and the words he spoke were jumbled and no longer made sense. "I don't understand." The pagan witch's voice was calm, very calm, and she forced her head to still so that ever-bright eyes could latch on to him, pleading and hurt at the same time. "You are lying to me, Ezekiel. You are lying to me, and I know it. I can see it." Hurt in her voice now, hurt and irritation that he would play such a game with her. There was an echo of pain within her chest, an old wound tearing open at the edges.

Something was left unsaid, and she realized that she had come to love this man - Her son had come to love him. He had been for Elijah what Gabriel had not, and for Alaine what Caillen could never again be. Anger thrummed in her chest, but it alone could not conquer the hurt and betrayal that flickered in emerald eyes. "Why are you doing this? Why are you leaving me?" The demands were voiced calmly, again, but her hands were shaking, and Nana's eyes rolled to show the white. Gabriel had left, and she knew that she had loved him, too much too say - Now Ezekiel, too, would leave the Winter's woman to her empty existence?

<style>
.al-txtsun-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:190px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.al-txtsun {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.al-txtsun .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.al-txtsun .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.al-txtsun p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.al-txtsun b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread