life goes on
[html]

Backdated what day? Also, probably midday/early evening as far as time is concerned? She's a bit of a night owl.

The air around him smelled magnificent, just as it always did but with something extra, and she found herself lost in the moment while she awaited his attention. Much to her dismay, he did not turn; golden eyes gazed at the water instead. Brief yearning possessed her as she awaited his voice — as soon as he spoke, however, she regretted searching for him. His words retained their cruelty from the night that seemed long ago, burning his sister's heart as they came to an end. It was difficult for her to hear that her brother thought so little of her, but again she felt he was right. How could he not be? Just as Gabriel had been in the past, before Talitha learned of the others he found his comfort in, so Ezekiel had become her Lord and master. She put her faith into the golden man, and why would he tell her lies?

Fragile hands twisted together as she tried to gather her courage. "I was wrong to go to him. Do you want me to leave Inferni? I know...that I've failed you and father." It seemed to be the path he desired from her, as he claimed to no longer care what she did with herself. Of course, where would she go? Drowning in the sea remained a viable option, yet she still feared the hands of death and did not wish to shame her Kingdom further. Or perhaps there were other options for her, other homes that would take in such a misfit, other places she could live out life until the truth of her condition came to light. Whether Ezekiel wanted her to go remained to be seen, of course; he'd said in the past that she couldn't, but everyone was capable of change.

Again, she closed the distance between them, reaching out with hesitation to rest her hands on her brother's arm. "I never wanted you to hate me, Ezekiel, I promise I didn't." Was that true? Perhaps she'd desired to distance herself from her brother, somewhere deep inside the heart where the guilt still hid from leading him away from a normal life for so long. Her ears flattened against the curling auburn tendrils that adorned her head, crimson eyes shutting to hide the dismay in the only way she knew how. "I'll go if you want me to; I'll find some place far away and you'll never have to see me again." More whispers came to claim her voice as she made ever more promises to keep her beloved sibling happy.

<style type="text/css">
.talithachurch b {font-weight:bold; color:#ACAC86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.talithachurch-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.talithachurch p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithachurch {margin:0 auto; width:457px; background-color:#040000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... church.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #565D31; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#696533; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.talithachurch-line1 {width:407px; border-bottom:1px dotted #6A6A44; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread