life goes on
[html]

As odd as it was, and for as much as he currently despised her presence, Ezekiel was more devoted to his sister than he was to anyone else in the world. He had chased her not once but twice across the wilderness, missing her both times by mere miles. Yet he now found her nothing more than a heartless siren who had sunk her teeth into men and sought to suck them dry. She was a witch but not one like Alaine—he did not fear Alaine as he feared his sister’s potential to turn on him. Perhaps one day she would. Perhaps one day he would wake with her red eyes gleaming over his corpse.

Yet as she spoke of a desire to leave, he bristled. It was a slight change, one shown only by the rise of fur along his back. No part of him wished for the russet harpy to leave his side. Mercifully, she touched the arm unwounded by her now passed lover. He wasn’t sure how he might have reacted otherwise. The coyote remained still, refusing to look at her face. “I don’t hate you,” he said, unsure of whether or not this was a lie. “And I don’t want you to go. Not after everything I’ve done for you.”

Finally, his head turned. While his face was dark, his eyes were hurt. She had hurt him. “I did what you asked me. Do not ask me anything else, Talitha,” he went on, turning away. He had gone and turned his back on the woman he had seen as a friend, as a teacher, as someone his father might love. One betrayal for another.

<style type="text/css">
.zekelion b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.zekelion .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.zekelion .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zekelion p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.zekelion {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... kelion.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread