life goes on
[html]

Ever since they were children Talitha had held sway over Ezekiel in many ways, but slowly, that bond was breaking. Not once but several times over had he faced what she truly was. He resented seeing this side of his twin because it was a side of himself he did not enjoy. They were so alike. Behind his plastic smiles and sunny attitude the shadows ran long and deep. Sun and moon as they were, even more so than the dog-children, both carried terrible depth and terrible wrath; one hot and unpredictable, the other cold and heartless. Nuclear and magnetic, push and pull—against each other, against those they touched. Only they remained unchanged; just slowly losing the masks that they had worn for so long.

He did not wish to admit it, but Ezekiel was far too much like his sister.

“You can’t say one thing and do another, Tali,” he chided, his whiskers curling as his mouth turned into a brutal smile. It was a horrible thing. He had no reason to be so cruel, but he felt she deserved it. Someone needed to put her in her place, and at least her brother could do so without harming her. At least she would listen to him. He allowed her to settle on his broad arm, and lifted his hand to play with her fiery hair. “Don’t let them know anything,” he went on, voice lowering to an intimate level. His love for her was undisputed; he would not allow a mistake to shame her further. “I’ll keep my secret if you keep yours. Likewise,” his voice lifted, haughty and teasing. “I think you should worry about other things, rather than your brother.”

<style type="text/css">
.zekelion b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.zekelion .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.zekelion .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zekelion p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.zekelion {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... kelion.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread