life goes on
[html]

ooc

It was likely it would be that Talitha never saw the true colors of her hero-brother, not like she'd been forced to see the faults in their father, but that couldn't stop Ezekiel from realizing what she had become. His sister was, in the eyes of more than just the golden ones he possessed, a monster several times over. Talitha de le Poer had transformed from the gentle artist of their childhood into a creature known to fantastic books that depicted great battles and dragons and romance — without realizing it, she'd twisted into some fearsome siren who pulled the strings of men into someone that benefited only her. Ezekiel was only one of several, even within the world of Inferni itself, to be subject to his sister's strange charms and desires.

Of course, Ezekiel did not turn her away simply for this fault. Instead, his cruel words caused the siren to calm and try to bend to him, as Talitha was forever a servent to her brother in the same ways he catered to her timeless mind. She knew his words were right, even though his smile caused the air to turn cold; despite this, she settled into him and allowed him to touch the autumn curls that hung rather listlessly in the air. It would be their secret, just another one added to the closet. A frail arm reached across his chest to rest upon the other shoulder that sat there, fingers combing through the fur at his neck as if he were the frail one who could be broken. What a silly thought.

She let out a laugh as he gave his opinion on what better suited her worries, for she did not agree. "There is nothing that deserves my worry more than my brother, Ezekiel. Sometimes I wonder if you realize your importance; you and daddy can find others, but you're all I will ever have. And now, you're the only one who hasn't hurt me, and I think you're the only one who never will." Maybe no one else would understand, perhaps not even Ezekiel himself, but she was certain this was truth. Apart from the words he'd spoken on the night of Caillen's death, Ezekiel had done nothing against his sister's faith in him.

While the air around them settled, she gathered the courage to do what she'd come to do. "You did what I wanted, and I promised I would never leave Inferni for it...so I want to return to my place as an Imaginifer. You and Halo don't need me as your Optio anymore; you have Sage, as stupid as she might be."

<style type="text/css">
.talithachurch b {font-weight:bold; color:#ACAC86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.talithachurch-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.talithachurch p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithachurch {margin:0 auto; width:457px; background-color:#040000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... church.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #565D31; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#696533; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.talithachurch-line1 {width:407px; border-bottom:1px dotted #6A6A44; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread