life goes on
[html]

ooc

She had no clue that Ezekiel knew of the events that had transpired at the Dahlian borders. Talitha still wore the necklace gifted by the cow-spotted woman known as Nayru, though she had been nothing but difficult in their meeting, and that was the only proof she had ever known of the change in leaders at all; the garnet shone as it nestled against the cream-colored fur of the woman's chest, now alongside the stag head and twisted branches. Though Talitha had taken the gift as her own, she had no respect for the wishes of Dahlia de Mai. They sought peace that would not come during the lifetime of the del le Poer woman. Her hate was not for Inferni — though the clan had suffered, she hated for her father, who had dealt with his shadow for such a long time.

Her talk of Sage was met with disinterest that caused his sister to turn her gaze away, fingers picking at the fur on her hip that grew about the edges of the eight-rayed star that had been burned there. She kept her attention to his voice despite this; it took only a moment for her to see the larger picture. Surprising to Talitha, Ezekiel was being underhanded. He was lying to the world about his people. In truth, it was a handsome and entertaining quality that she had not see before; it even drew a smile, at least for a moment. His face darkened with his final words and wiped her amusement from her features.

"I don't think I could let it change. Perhaps I'm the largest obstacle to fulfilling the desires of yourself and Sage, but I see nothing wrong in our way of life." And it was true. Talitha was proud to live in such a world, proud of those who agreed with her. Gabriel and Hybrid, they were men to be feared and respected, pinnacles of their society to be looked upon with pride. Ezekiel was proving to be similar, though Talitha would have treated him just the same even if he'd been a creature like flighty Sage. Her smile returned, face drawing close to the golden features of the Aquila in one attempt to press her nose against his cheek; it was an immature gesture, one committed by child siblings rather than adults, but Talitha had always proved to be a child in the presence of her brother.

<style type="text/css">
.talithachurch b {font-weight:bold; color:#ACAC86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.talithachurch-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.talithachurch p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithachurch {margin:0 auto; width:457px; background-color:#040000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... church.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #565D31; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#696533; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.talithachurch-line1 {width:407px; border-bottom:1px dotted #6A6A44; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread