I should've known the tides were getting higher
[html]<style type="text/css">
.freeb8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#161716; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeb8-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freeb8 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px 10px 10px;margin:0px;}
.freeb8 {width:400px;border:1px solid #161716;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... freeb8.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:280px;background-color:#c1dbf4;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#35404e;}
</style>

Word Count: 503 (5 points)

Songan’s gaze continued to move from the prey and over to the wolf on the other side of the river. He still couldn’t figure out why he wasn’t crossing to follow them, though he felt it would be rude to ask. His ears moved up as he watched the deer hear him and scatter away. He was sure he was at enough of a distance that they wouldn’t have been able to hear them, but it looked like he was wrong. He lowered his ears to the thought of the wolf’s family not being able to have a meal now. He whistled for Rain to come to him. He was sure there was something he would be able to do. His orbs moved back over to the black and white wolf as he got onto the horse’s back. ”My apologizes. I’ll see if I can guide them back here and over to your side.” With that, the red wolf turned Rain up the bank a bit and following the scent of the deer, hoping to get ahead of them and be able to lead them back to that spot.

Eventually, the old would catch up to the prey and had Rain move quietly from a distance so that he could get in front of them and have them go back the way they came. He carefully pulled out his knife and threw it near the deer so they would race back towards the black and white wolf. He slid off Rain to get his knife and follow them. He was not sure how he would be able to get them to cross the river. If he just followed them back, he was sure they would just go back up the river and continue going. He got back up on Rain and began to head back into the woods, staying a distance away from the river. He wondered if coming at them from here would push them back into the water. It was worth a shot. Songan began to pick up the pace once they were back where they were before and headed straight towards them. He had his knife ready to scare the deer in case they decided to go in a different direction from the river. If he did manage to get the deer in the water, he would follow them into the river and make sure they got across. This would also give him a chance to meet with the wolf that he was helping and lead them again if he needed to.

Songan and Rain would make it to the other side and shake themselves dry. Thankfully the warm heat was keeping them from being cold. It felt relaxing to get into the water. He pulled his equine companion up onto the bank and waited to see if the other male would come and join him. With the dear on his side again, he was sure there wouldn’t be any reason why they couldn’t follow them together.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread