Am I still waiting, [aw]
[html]

Oh Hybrid you are such a dick. Big Grin Word Count→303

And then she was fucking staring at him. It seemed as though one of the few essential details of what made Hybrid who he was was not known to Valkyrie. While he didn’t define himself as gay or think of himself only by that word, he knew that it was a part of who he was. He didn’t like to be thought of as just that, but it was a part of him. He still didn’t understand the entire lure of heterosexuality, but that stemmed from how he did not understand the concept of weakness. Weakness could not exist, so for Hybrid, it did not. He lost fights because someone was better than him: a more-skilled fighter; not because he had been weak. He understood so much of the world in absolutes that being absolutely powerful was a curious masculine possibility, but by no means attainable. Likewise, he understood absolute weakness and understood this was a very feminine trait. He had fallen too many times to believe in absolute power, but had seen too many fall to deny absolute weakness.

“Quite,” he replied when she asked whether he was gay. “So obviously,” he began with a yawn, “it was a pretty fucking big surprise when you were suddenly alive. How the fuck could I have a kid if I fucked men?” He cackled, and then added: “as for friends, Gabriel. That’s it.” He didn’t want to have more friends and he was content with just the one. Even Gabriel was a strange friend to have, since Hybrid didn’t think he had many friends, either. He had clanmates over whom he presided, but was Kaena his friend? No, just his mother. And Kaena was not Hybrid’s friend, either: at most, she was a friendly acquaintance, and even that was too close for comfort sometimes.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread