The Forest for the Trees
[html]<style type="text/css">
.freeb8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#161716; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeb8-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freeb8 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px 10px 10px;margin:0px;}
.freeb8 {width:400px;border:1px solid #161716;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... freeb8.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:280px;background-color:#c1dbf4;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#35404e;}
</style>

>Big Grin / Word Count: 508 (5 points)

Songan was glad to see that the bow was holding up well. There were no cracks and not even a sound of anything harmful as he fired the arrows off into the distance. Pride began to fill in the old wolf’s mind as he was pleased with the work he had done. The next time that he saw Saxif, he would be able to hand the bow over to her. He looked to the arrows and figured he would be able to make a few more arrows as well as something else. He looked over to his arm and noticed it felt like it burned. The string was hitting against his arm, causing it to hurt. He would also have to make her a wrist guard so that this didn’t happen to her every time that she tried to fire her bow. He was sure he would have enough leather and string to make her one.

The male’s arm began to burn more as he continued to practice. He was going to have to have Sanuye look at his arm once he returned. He was sure that there would be something she could put on it to ease the pain. The rust wolf moved through the woods and towards the water. For the time being, it looked like he was going to have to let it sit in the water to cool down the burn. The river looked refreshing and was sure it would help him in this need. He began to make his way towards the river. His golden eyes gazed up towards the trees as he continued along. All the leaves glowed green from the sun. He smiled as he moved his arm above his eyes to keep the sun out. He could feel his arm burning more and more as he walked on.

Songan paused as he seemed to startle the young wolf. He didn’t mean to scare him. The red wolf shook his head as the other wolf began to apologize. ”There’s no need to apologize. I am sorry that I scared you. It was not my intention to do so.” He then nodded as the young wolf said no and didn’t seem to want him to come by him. He then moved away to a bit of a distance and looked down to the water. He laid down on his chest and dipped his arm into the cool water. It felt nice to have the burn cooled down and he was sure it would be fine for a bit of time now. He soon pulled his arm out and then stood up. He then put the bow around him as he sat down on the bank. His golden gaze moved back over to the scarfed wolf. ”I’m sorry again for scaring you. What’s your name?” This one didn’t look like he came from the AniWaya tribe and was curious to where his home was. Perhaps later on in the breaks from his work, he would be able to come and visit.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread