The most pretentious thing
[html]
000+
I just seem to keep showing you the worst side of my posting habits, but I promise you it's usually not this god awful.

The clinking noise made him twist his ears around, but he figured it was just someone in the distance kicking rocks or something, and the echoes bounced to him. Strel ignored it for the most part, letting his lips pretty much stay adhered to the bottle. It was not his goal to get totally and completely plastered, but he was going to get at most halfway there before continuing on with his hellsized load of cloth. The fragile bottle clanked loudly as he set it down beside him on the cement. Strel absently scratched at his flat stomach, watching the waves crash and the gulls screech above his head.

But he looked up and behind him as a woman called to him, asking about his bottle. The redhead lifted it in a firm grip by the neck and waved it a bit as he gazed at her through crooked sunglasses. "This? No. I don't know how to, actually. I usually either find it or get it traded in from Freetown further south. Sometimes ships stop by and I trade them if they happen to have any Barbados rum or any really." But those were the most expensive trades usually. Full clothes or other materials, or even piles of pelts or food. But beyond worth it, he thought. "Care for some? Scavenged, but good." He waved the bottle at her, the liquid sloshing around inside.

<style>
.simplesea .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#9aada6; }
.simplesea p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.simplesea b {color:#d0c7bd; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#a5aa9e 0em .1em 0em; }
.simplesea .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a5aa9e ; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.simplesea {background-color:#867c68; background-image: url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... each-2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a2aea6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdd0c9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
.simplesea-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #bdd0c9; margin:0 auto;}
.simplesea .inner {margin:60px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... inner2.png); border:1px solid #9aada6; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread