Welcome my heart home
[html]

Barry had been spending a lot of time in Halifax—perhaps more than he'd originally intended—but finding a good reason to leave was difficult when so many interesting things kept happening. Between prospective traders and engaging visitors—not to mention his newfangled exotic pets—he'd been swept away by the torrent of excitement his unofficial trade provided. Life around the quiet lakeside pack seemed so uneventful and lacklustre in comparison. Nevertheless, it seemed prudent to maintain a presence around Crimson Dreams, however minimal.

If anyone pressed the issue, he'd use some excuse about waiting on Apache's falcon—the raptor was disgruntled enough having to serve the duties of a lowly carrier pigeon, after all. But with his letters home squared away and young plants germinating inside the greenhouse, he felt no discontent or resentment for having to leave the city behind. He felt relaxed and carefree, a fact exemplified by his meandering gait and absent-minded humming.

Rather than pressing through Ethereal Eclipse toward McNamara, he hugged the Cour des Miracles border and wandered through Shiloh Hills. There was nobody to intercept his homeward advance and before long, Rabbit Lake loomed on the horizon. He was surprised to find that the leaders' scent marks had been pushing the Crimson Dreams boundary steadily outward; he was thoroughly impressed. So what if he had absolutely nothing to do with this expansion? Their pack now monopolised the most extensive fresh water supply in all of Nova Scotia—try that on for size, everyone else!

He trailed along the lake's southern perimeter, bounding along on all fours despite the optime's usual preference for two. It was easier to keep the jostling of his pack in order this way, and he was sure to check on its precious cargo somewhat regularly. He disregarded a human settlement and moved on, choosing to stop along the water's edge seemingly at random. He squatted there, fished through his bag, and produced the mason jar that contained Helix. He dipped his hand in the water and used it to delicately dribble some water over the moss inside; once satisfied, he turned around and quite suddenly noticed a glum looking female.

She was perched beneath a shady tree nearby and it would be a lie to say he didn't start somewhat at her abrupt appearance. He wavered uncertainly before drawing closer, his ears flickering back passively as a sign of deference. “Wanna see my snail?” he opened. “It glows!” he added, thrusting the jar forward with a ridiculous grin. Perhaps a creature as marvellous as this could drive away that dour aura that seemed to hang over her like a dreary cloud.

Barry needs at least one CD thread before all the Halifax ones I have queued up and I technically owe you a thread from like a year ago! xD
<style type="text/css">
.barrett-snail2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:verdana,sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-snail2 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px;}
.barrett-snail2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2ct.png),url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2cb.png); background-position:top center, bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat, no-repeat; border:none; padding: 65px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype',palatino,serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-snail2-inner {width:370px; border:none; margin:0 auto 0px auto;}
.barrett-snail2-wc {text-indent:100px; font-weight:bold; line-height:10px;font-size:10px;font-family:'lucida console',sans-serf;text-align:left;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread